Do you feel stressed out and exhausted? You have the desire to do things to take better care of yourself but when it comes down to it, you feel like you don’t have the energy. You’re definitely not alone. Many of us feel we don’t have enough energy to do the things we want. The problem is, we live in an over-stimulated society that sucks up our energy stores but we don’t take time to rebuild our energy.
Restorative Rest is a Vital Basic Need
Good quality rest is equivalent to good quality food.
You can eat junk food and stay alive, but you won’t thrive.
You can get limited or poor quality rest and still get things done, but you won’t be your best. Or, you’ll put your health at risk trying to go the extra mile without gas in the tank.
Good quality rest is NOT crashing on the couch in front the the TV! It is using proven techniques to shift the nervous system from the stress response into the relaxation response. When we are deeply relaxed, we recharge and restore at all levels.
Take the Journey is guided exploration of simple, but powerful Ayurveda and Yoga-based techniques to reclaim your energy so you can engage more fully in a life you love.
Take the Journey is perfect for you if you…
- are someone who wants to get the most out of life
- want to build a made-for-you self-care practice you can do at home
- are a Yoga teacher or teacher in training and want to experience the 8 limbs of Yoga more fully in your own body, so you have even more confidence to teach to others
- are in some life transition like marriage, menopause, divorce, retirement, kids coming or kids going and you’re asking yourself questions about meaning and purpose in life
- are a Health Care Practitioner and want to build your suite of tools
- know there’s something more to Yoga but you can’t seem to find it
- want to learn more about how Yoga and Ayurveda can help you find more happiness, joy and contentment in life
Take the Journey is probably NOT for you if you’re happy to simply receive deeply restorative Integrative Relaxation Therapy sessions like Reflexology, Yoga Massage or Ayurvedic Yoga as a stand alone service, and/or you already have a self care routine that’s working wonderfully.
Here’s how Take the Journey works:
Once a month you explore a new technique in a one-one session in the studio. You leave with a customized home practice to explore for the next 4 weeks or so. Each month you explore a new technique, building your home practice as you go.
To support your home practice you have:
- 9, 1 hour private sessions including Ayurvedic consultation, Breath assessment and Breathe to Relieve Yoga practice, Ayurvedic Yoga for your specific Ayurvedic type, Reflexology, Marma Point massage, Yoga Massage, Yoga Nidra guided meditations and consultations on a made-for-you home practice that will nurture your particular nature
- 6 videos of Yoga and self care practices to support you at home
- 9 audio practices for your home support
- a 148 page full colour guide book packed full of great information, practices, resources and space to journal about what you experience on your Journey
- CD that includes three dosha-specific practices
- products like oil blends and teas to balance your Dosha, meditation tools and self-care products to make your Journey even more fun
PLEASE NOTE: Clicking on this button takes you to the booking system. To return to the Balance Relaxation Therapy home page simply click on the “Balance” icon in the top left corner of the booking system screen.